Sunday 2 August 2015

Uploading Scripts

Ok folks, so I'll be uploading some of my first year University scripts and assignments hopefully by the end of this afternoon, but we all know what technology can be like!

I would love you to read them and please give me your honest opinion. I won't be uploading all the scripts for a variety of reasons; some are true stories (make of that what you will) and others I’d like to improve on and eventually send off. 

Before you read any though, I’d like to acknowledge something; although I’ve been actively learning the craft over three years, I’m still a novice screenwriter and very much a newcomer. Having been taught by experts and professional writers at University, it’s not that I feel like I’ve started again, but I certainly feel like I’m only just starting to write scripts properly.

Not just that, I'm still finding my feet in terms of my voice and the stories I want to tell. Certainly moving away and living in a city has helped tremendously, but also in the last few months, I’ve gained new experiences and met so many different people that have helped widen my views on the world and therefore my writing.

So what I’m saying is, I look at some of these early works, and I know they’re not perfect, some make me cringe, but they’re a starting point to improve on and develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment